To be legally married, a couple must first obtain a marriage license. To obtain a marriage license, you apply at the clerk’s office for the county you live in. You then are free to marry anywhere in the state of Indiana.

It is a little different if you are from out of state and neither party is a resident of Indiana. In this case, you would have to apply for your marriage license in the county you will be married in.

Every county clerk’s office operates differently and its possible hours or fees are different. Always check the guidelines with the clerk’s office where you will be applying for your marriage license.

There is no waiting period in the state of Indiana so once you have your marriage license in hand you are able to get married. The Marriage license is only good for 60 days!! Keep this in mind when you apply, then you will have to be married before 60 days when it expires.

I will fill out the marriage license paperwork on the day of your elopement or wedding. I always like to offer to file/return your marriage license via mail for you. Most clients prefer to take it back to the clerk’s office to file in order to request their certified copy while they are there. Especially since the pandemic and the way the mail system has been, it is just safer to return the filled-out license in person.

It is very important this marriage license is returned after your wedding. This is when the clerk’s office records your marriage in their system. Please check with the clerk’s office of your county for more information on applying for your marriage license.

Once you have your marriage license and would like to reserve your elopement or wedding – give me a call or check availability and reserve online easily.

Reserve Online